Skate responsibly, be safe & have fun!
All Skaters are encouraged to maximize your experience here and have fun! However, we must insist that all skaters practice safe and courteous skating practices. If you are a good skater, help to make others better skaters, watch your speed, stay in control & have fun. We have a zero tolerance for any on or off ice activities that disrupt or may lead to unsafe and dangerous situations. So please use common sense at all times.
Ice Rink Rules:
- Capacity: 150 skaters
- All Participants must wear a wrist band that includes the participation waiver
- No skating without a rink issued wristband color coded for the day.
- While wearing skates, please stay within the rubber floor area.
- No one is permitted on the ice without ice skates.
- No one is allowed on the ice while resurfacing is occurring.
- Management reserves the right to interrupt or stop skating for ice resurfacing, special events, or for any other staff-related, ice maintenance or safety purpose.
- No sitting or climbing on protective dasher boards.
- No use of hockey sticks, pucks or balls.
- No ice skating against the flow of traffic.
- Children under the age of 12 should be accompanied by an adult or an experienced skater.
- No carrying children on the ice.
- No food, beverages or breakable objects are allowed on the ice.
- No one is allowed to use the ice rink under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- No profanity, obscene gestures or clothing allowed.
- Refrain from acting in a manner that may cause or contribute to the injury of themselves or other persons.
- Refrain from throwing or leaving objects on the rink surface.
- Refrain from instigating or becoming involved in any type of altercations with any skater or spectator and shall not engage in abusive, abrasive or disorderly conduct.
- Participants are required to follow directions of the Ice Attendant and rink staff at all times.
- Report all incidents and accidents to the Ice Attendant or rink staff immediately.
- No reckless skating, camel spins or speed skating allowed.
- Read and abide all posted signs, warnings and cooperate with rink staff.
- Maintain a proper lookout to avoid other skaters, objects or conditions on the surface of the rink.
- Accept responsibility for knowing the range of his/her ability while on skates and skate within those limits.
- Assumption of Risk: By engaging in skating, skaters and spectators are deemed to have knowledge of, and assume the inherent risks of skating which include but not limited to the following:
- Injuries that result from collisions of contact with other skaters or individuals who are on the skating surface.
- Injuries that result from falls.
- Injuries that involve objects or artificial structures that is within intended path of travel of the skater.
- Wheelchairs are welcome on the ice but admission for skating must be paid.
- Powered or non-powered wheelchairs can go on the ice if they can be safely operated
- Guests in non-powered wheelchairs that cannot operate their wheelchair safely need to be accompanied by an aide who will be able to walk on the ice in rubber-cleated spikeys (provided free of charge). There is no charge for the attendant pushing the wheelchair.
- Guests in wheelchairs must exit and enter the ice through the ice resurfacer gate because it has a flat threshold. A Downtown Sac Skate Guard will be happy to show you where to enter and exit the ice and assist you.