Downtown Sacramento’s Movies Under the Stars is back for another spooky season!
MOVIE TICKETS ARE SOLD OUT!
Experience Movies Under the Stars presented by XFINITY every Thursday night in October with four Halloween-themed movies hosted outside at the Old Sacramento State Historic Park.
Tickets are sold at General Admission and Preferred Seating. General entry attendees are encouraged to bring chairs, picnic blankets, and anything else that you need to get comfy. Priority ticket holders will be provided with a chair, blanket, and free popcorn.
Enjoy dinner and a show with our Old Sacramento Waterfront bars and restaurants! See sponsored deals from our downtown favorites here.
Bring your photo ID to receive a pair of free headphones to enjoy the movie with.
NEW THIS YEAR:
Exclusive Train Experience (21+):
Join the California State Railroad Museum for a 45-minute tipsy train excursion offered exclusively for Movies Under the Stars 21+ guests! Take a ride on a specially decorated train themed for each week’s movie while enjoying a cocktail. Costumes and creativity are encouraged!
- Age requirement: 21+ years old
- Includes 1 Cocktail
Seating opens at 5 PM and movies start at 7 PM. Attendees are encouraged to arrive early to find good spots and order takeout from the surrounding businesses, go pumpkin picking at the Plenty O’ Pumpkins Patch in Old Sacramento Waterfront or enjoy a train experience with California Railroad Museum. For a full list of open shops and restaurants at the Historic Waterfront, visit OldSacramento.com.
This year’s campy lineup:
October 6 – The Addams Family
October 13 – The Nightmare Before Christmas
October 20 – Beetlejuice
October 27 – Hocus Pocus
Ways to get to the Movies Under the Stars, hassle-free:
- Visit SacPark.org to find a parking spot in nearby garages at Old Sacramento Garage – 2nd & I Street (entrance off I Street) OR Tower Bridge Garage – at Neasham Circle (entrance off Capitol Mall)
- Take Uber, Lyft, Byrd, or Lime and enjoy one of the many amazing bars and restaurants in district before or after the movies
- Utilize Sacramento Regional Transit District light rail
- Travel by Amtrak San Joaquins
- Meter Parking Available