FAQs & Rules
WHERE ARE THE CONCERTS BEING HELD?
Concerts in the Park takes place every Friday from May 6 – July 29 at Cesar Chavez Plaza: 910 I Street, Sacramento, CA 95814
There are two entrances:
9th and J
10th and I
The rest of the park will be temporarily fenced for the duration of the event.
WHAT’S THE SCHEDULE FOR EACH CONCERT? WHAT TIME DO THE GATES OPEN?
Gates open at 5 p.m. Each night will start with a DJ, leading in to the opening acts and closing with the headlining band.
We encourage all attendees over the age of 21 to go to one of our official After-Party locations downtown and get a discounted drink from our partners. To see a full list of locations, visit GoDowntownSac.org/CIP.
DO I NEED TO BUY A TICKET?
Technically no, all the concerts are free. BUT, if you RSVP for any of the concerts through this link you will be entered to win a $50 gift card each week to a restaurant downtown.
I’M A PHOTOGRAPHER, CAN I TAKE PHOTOS AT THE EVENT?
No professional photography is allowed at the events other than the photographers who have advance permission. If you would like to photograph the concert, please email [email protected].
WHERE CAN I PARK?
There are multiple parking lots within a block of Cesar Chavez Plaza, including:
- City Hall Garage, 1000 I St.
- SP+ Parking, 849 J St.
- Standard Parking Plus, 1010 8th St.
- ABM Parking Services, 1111 J St.
CAN I RIDE MY BIKE TO THE EVENT?
Absolutely! We are offering a FREE bike valet service, courtesy of SABA, at Chavez Plaza. You will not be able to bring your bikes inside the concert fence.
CAN I RIDE A SCOOTER TO THE EVENT?
Definitely! We will also have free scooter parking, provided by Bird.
HOW DO I KNOW IF THIS EVENT WILL BE SAFE?
The safety and wellbeing of our downtown community is our number one concern. Sacramento PD will be on-site before, during, and after the event, and we have hired additional private security for the district each night.
Cesar Chavez Plaza will be temporarily fenced every Friday morning, and the park will be temporarily cleared every day for a security sweep before each concert.
ARE CHILDREN ALLOWED AT THE EVENT?
They are! This is a family-friendly event.
IS THERE A BAG POLICY?
Bags are allowed under a certain size. Any items brought in to Concerts in the Park need to be under 1.5 ft. by 1.5 ft.
Signs/flags/posters may not be larger than 11″ x 17″ and can not be attached to a stick or pole of any kind.
IS SMOKING PERMITTED?
Yes, but you can only smoke in the designated “Smoking Area”.
ARE THERE OTHER ACTIVITIES AT THE EVENT?
We have interactive vendor booths, food trucks and stations, a Bogle Wine Garden, and live artwork stations.
IS RE-ENTRY PERMITTED?
CAN I BRING MY OWN FOOD OR DRINKS?
Yes, but no alcohol, glass, or cans. Bags or coolers cannot be larger than 1.5 ft. by 1.5 ft.
HOW CAN I BUY DRINKS?
Show your ID at the entrance and anyone who is over 21 will be provided with a Bud Light wristband.
Once you have your wristband, head over to the Drink Token station and buy as many drink tokens as you like.
Once you have your drink tokens, go to the bar, or the Bogle wine garden, to purchase beer, wine, cocktails, or water with your tokens.
WILL THERE BE AN ATM ON SITE?
No, but we accept all major credit cards and Apple Pay, in addition to cash.
ARE FACE MASKS REQUIRED? WHAT ABOUT COVID-19?
Concerts in the Park and the Downtown Sacramento Partnership are following all CDC guidelines. Masks are encouraged but not required.
RULES & REGULATIONS
Concerts in the Park is committed to creating a safe, comfortable, and memorable experience for our guests. We have instituted these general rules in order to provide an environment where everyone can enjoy the concert.
- All ages welcome
- Gates open at 5 pm
- Everyone is subject to search upon entry
- No refunds or exchanges. All sales are final
- Line up and set times are subject to change
- Cashiers close at 8:45 pm. Last pour at 9:00 pm
- Concerts in the Park ends by or before 9:00 pm
- Yourself dressed! (Pants, shoes and shirts are a must)
- Your bike! Enter at the 9th and J corner and go to the SABA Bike Valet
- Valid ID to get your Bud Light wristband
- Cash or card for drink tokens (available at the cashier tent at the corner of 10th and J St.)
- Cameras to tag, snap and share your experience. (Remember: commercial photography must be pre-approved. Apply for a media credential by emailing [email protected])
- Good vibes!
Leave at home:
- Alcohol. Remember, we have beer and wine!
- Drugs or drug paraphernalia, marijuana, or marijuana products
- Weapons, pepper spray/mace, flares, or fireworks
- Any animals
- Bags/coolers larger than 1.5 ft. by 1.5 ft.
- Drones, remote control toys, or skateboards
- Glass or cans
- Unauthorized solicitations, flyering, sampling, or giveaways
- Signs/Flags/Banners/Posters: May not be larger than 11″ x 17″ or attached to a pole/stick
- Any other items deemed unacceptable by Management
- Disruptive behavior
- No sitting, standing, loitering in designated fire lanes or pedestrian walkways
- No taunting, abusive, or insulting language
- No obscene or offensive gestures, imagery, or symbolism
- Event producers reserve the right, without refund of any amount paid, to refuse admission to, or eject, any person whose conduct management deems disorderly, who uses vulgar or abusive language or who fails to comply with event rules.
Media Credential Policy
Members of the media interested in attending Concerts in the Park for editorial purposes must complete the Media Credential Application to be eligible. Downtown Sacramento Partnership will review each request on an individual basis. We reserve the right to approve or deny Credentials.
Credentialed media receive one (1) Media Pass to the requested concert. Credentials are only valid for the specified concert. Applications are due two weeks (10 business days) before the event begins. Apply for a media credential by emailing [email protected].