Fresh Farm-to-Fork Food Readily Available
Certified Farmers’ Markets are open on Thursdays from 10 am to 1:30 pm at Capitol Mall to offer shoppers locally-sourced fruits, vegetables, baked goods, flowers, herbs, and cheeses. The downtown markets offer shoppers a chance to come face-to-face with their food source, offering the freshest California-grown seasonal favorites from asparagus in the spring to apples in the fall.
Get ready to fill your stylish bags with farm-fresh produce and deliciously vibrant flower bouquets!
Vendor Applications for 2020 are now closed.
Guests are encouraged to adhere to recommendations from public health officials, available here. Individuals that are sick or are exhibiting respiratory symptoms like fever and cough or people at higher risk should stay home. Wearing masks are required and people should practice physical distancing and remain 6 feet apart.
- Hand sanitizer stations
- Limit one person per stall
- Additional space via wider market aisles and chalk guidelines for spacing
- Plenty of signage to remind everyone to physical distance
- Sampling is suspended
- Frequent cleaning of market equipment
- Stay home if you are sick or exhibiting respiratory symptoms like fever and cough.
- Please try to attend the market solo or send a single designated family shopper, if possible. This can make a really big impact on crowd reduction.
- Please leave the required six feet of room for other shoppers. If someone is shopping for an item you want to purchase, please be patient and wait or simply return later.
- Please wear at least a cloth mask during your period of shopping at the markets. Physical distancing is not always attainable during shopping activities and cloth masks would provide some preventative assurances during those lapses to both you and your fellow shoppers.
- When shopping at a popular farmer stand, look down to see if there are markers on the ground for spacing for people waiting to pay or shop.
- Please complete your shopping as expediently as possible. Lingering in the market for social exchange with others at this time must be discouraged.
- Please look for an shop with farmers who have pre-portioned and pre-priced amounts to expedite shopping.
Kaiser Permanente Weekly Walks suspended for remainder of 2020 season
In light of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, we have decided to suspend our weekly walks for the remainder of the 2020 walking season. It was our hope that we could resume our weekly walks, but with cases of COVID-19 once again on the rise we feel cancelling the program will help protect the health of our walking club members and our community.
We are truly disappointed that we will not be able to join you each week on the Capitol Mall for our walks. We hope that you all continue walking for fitness on your own while maintaining social distance with those outside your household. Here are some tips to help keep you walking.
We are closely monitoring the evolving COVID-19 situation and will reassess our walking programs for our 2021 season from May through September. In the meantime, please do your part to protect yourself and others from the spread of this disease. The best way to protect yourself is by doing the same things you do to avoid getting any other virus — including the flu. These measures include:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick, even inside your home.
- Put distance between yourself and other people outside your home.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a cloth face cover when around others.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces daily.
- Be alert for symptoms, and take your temperature if symptoms develop.
Click here to learn more.
Capitol Mall, 6th & Capitol
More Info: 916-442-8575
Roosevelt Park & Fremont Park Farmers’ Markets no longer host food vendors. For information about these markets, visit Certified California-Grown Farmers’ Markets.