National Have Fun at Work Day is this Friday, January 28 and we’ve rounded up some awesome ways you can make your work day extra fun in #DowntownSac!
Media courtesy: GIPHY
Arm yourself with caffeine
Prepare yourself for the best day of work ever by starting the day off right with your favorite caffeinated beverage from these great #DowntownSac stops!
- Temple Coffee Roasters – A Sacramento classic, this 9th Street location is a great place to buy a drink or beans to brew yourself so you can have quality coffee throughout the day. You’ll have so much fun heading outside to their patio to get some work done (with a cup of coffee in one hand and a warm croissant in the other)!
- Old Soul – With two patios and several community tables, this soulful coffee shop is a fantastic place to start your day and hold your morning meeting.
- Grace Coffee Roasters – Another great coffee option in #DowntownSac, Grace Coffee Roasters turns your morning coffee into a good cause by donating to local Sacramento charities.
- Roots Coffee Company – This coffee shop is a great place to meet up with coworkers and take your meetings offline! Roots Coffee Company’s mission is to provide a space with quality coffee where meaningful relationships are cultivated.
- Steamer’s Bakery and Cafe – Upgrade your armor, get coffee and breakfast. This Old Sacramento Waterfront café can give you just what you need. After filling up, take a walk along the waterfront to clear your head and fully prepare your body for an awesome day of productivity!
Shower your coworkers with treats
beasts angels you work with by bringing them a sweet treat to add some extra fun to the day!
- Danny’s Mini Donuts – These delicious bites are made hot on the spot AND you can get a free sample for yourself before the box you buy gets devoured by your coworkers!
- Goodie Tuchews – Work with cookie monsters rather than donut beasts? Goodie Tuchews has been selling delicious cookies to the Sacramento area since 1981. They even offer delivery right to your office (or home office).
- Insomnia Cookies – Located in DOCO, they will also deliver large boxes of sugary circles right to you and often have delicious special deals.
Cater a delicious lunch for the entire office
You can either use Jedi mind tricks to suggest, “if you really love your employees, you’d buy us all three-course lunches,” — OR just kindly let your boss know that on National Have Fun at Work Day, a catered lunch would do wonders to boost office camaraderie and morale. Here are a few great #DowntownSac suggestions:
- Beach Hut Deli – Dreaming about laying on the beach rather than being at work? Beach Hut Deli offers a great catering menu with savory sandwiches and chips that are perfect to munch on with your feet up in the break room.
- Estelle’s Patisserie – Want lunch and dessert? Located in DOCO, Estelle’s has a wonderful catering selection of sandwiches, pasta salads, and pastries.
- Frank Fat’s – Delicious catering menu with tasty Chinese food options for everyone.
Take a break
Crush your office’s afternoon slump with an activity to refresh the mind and body.
- Go on an office mural walk – #DowntownSac is home to some amazing murals that will give you and your coworkers some serious creative inspiration! Check out this blog to scope out some of our favorite recent #DowntownSac murals.
- Work on your swing – For some easy exercise, grab coworkers for a mini-golf game at Sac Mini Golf.
- Escape the midday blues – Stretch your body and mind by enjoying an office excursion to an escape room at Neo Escape Rooms.
End the day with drinks
Celebrate how much fun you had during your workday with booze! These #DowntownSac stops make for a great post-5 PM activity!
- Darling Aviary – Meet up with your coworkers to watch the sun set over downtown’s skyline with a handcrafted cocktail at this rooftop bar.
- Honey and the Trapcat – For a change in scenery, head to the Old Sacramento Waterfront with your coworkers for delicious drinks made-to-order.
- Whired Wine – Prefer something with a slightly lower ABV? Whired Wine is the perfect place to sip wine and unwind with your office crew.
Don’t let your #DowntownSac experience end with just these awesome stops, check out a full listing of Downtown Sac’s businesses HERE.
Share your #DowntownSac experience
While you’re having the most fun day at work – snap a picture and share on social media! Be sure to tag us in your photos at @DowntownSac and use the hashtag #DowntownSac for the chance to be featured on our social channels.