Father’s Day is Sunday, June 20 and we have some suggestions for how you can best celebrate the rad dads in your life! Whether you’re more likely to find him on the golf course, trying the latest craft brews or cheering on his favorite team, #DowntownSac has something for all the father figures on your list.
Make your gift giving simple this year by giving dad the gift of #DowntownSac with a Downtown Dollars e-gift card! The Downtown Dollars e-gift card gives your lucky recipients all that #DowntownSac has to offer: dining, shopping, entertainment, professional services, and much more! Learn more HERE.
For the Music-Loving Dad
Stop by a Downtown LIVE! performance and enjoy some live music with dad. While you won’t be able to stop by for some tunes on Father’s Day, grab lunch or dinner Tuesday through Saturday with dad nearby one of the performances and to experience live music and art with your meal. For a complete listing of Downtown LIVE!’s nearby restaurants, click here. You can also get him a vintage record he’ll love to listen to or display from Brook’s Novelty Antiques & Records.
For the Dad with a Sweet Tooth
If you have a dad in your life who loves to indulge in all things sweet, you’ll want to take him to one of the sweetest shops in downtown. If your dad lives out of town, most of these sweets ship excellently!
- Boxcar Eats Frozen Yogurt
- Candy Barrel
- Candy Heaven
- Candy Land
- Danny’s Mini Donuts
- Haagen Dazs
- Insomnia Cookies
- Munchies Salt Water Taffy
- Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory
For the Fan-tastic Father
Does dad need some new game-day apparel to sport while rooting for his favorite team? #DowntownSac has some amazing shops where you can get him all his team gear.
For the Grill Master Dad
For the dad who is always cooking up something new or can be found entertaining friends and family around his grill, get him a gift that’ll “stir” his culinary love even more. Grab him a new cookbook from Capital Books on K or a new gadget from Chefs’ Mercantile. He’ll love a BBQ rub or new spice from The Allspicery or an artesian olive oil from The Chefs’ Olive Mix.
For the Dad who loves to be Wined and Dined
Dad shouldn’t have to do the dishes this Father’s Day! Grab a reservation at one of #DowntownSac’s delicious restaurants:
- Cafeteria15L – Enjoy a tasty chicken fried steak or delicious skillet with dad for brunch.
- Delta King – Celebrate dad with cold beer, cocktails, barbecue and live music! Reserve your tickets by calling 916-441-4440.
- Hoppy’s Railyard Kitchen & Hopgarden – Serving up some pretty tasty specials and pints for their Father’s Day Brunch & Barbecue, make your reservation now!
- Morton’s The Steakhouse – Dad will love his pick of their prime steaks.
- Rio City Café – A perfect river-view dining experience for an amazing brunch or dinner with dad.
- River City Queen – Book a fun dinner, cocktail, lunch or ice cream cruise with dad on the Sacramento River!
- The Firehouse Restaurant – Dads and steak. Some things just go together. Treat dad to an amazing meal with their classic Grand Marnier Soufflé for a decadent dessert.
Be sure to check out more open restaurants dad will love here.
For the “Fur Father”
Enjoy a meal with dad at one of these downtown eateries with pooch-friendly patios where he can take Fido along for the experience too!
For the Dad who loves a Laugh
Grab tickets to a show at Laughs Unlimited at the Old Sacramento Waterfront for a great time sharing a chuckle with dad.
For the Game Enthusiast Father
For the Cigar Loving Dad
For the Dad who has everything
Gift your dad a #DowntownSac experience he can’t get two-day shipping on! Plan a full day of downtown activities to enjoy with dad. Stop by the TikTok famous Sacramento History Museum or the California Railroad Museum for a trip to the past. Grab a six-pack and book a trip on the Sac Brew Boat with dad or enjoy a tasting at Ruhstaller Brewery’s taproom.
No matter how your dad likes to spend his special day, he is bound to love one of these #DowntownSac activities and gifts. Between river cruises, mini golf, live music and more, there’s something for every dad to enjoy to make this Father’s Day even more memorable than the last. Be sure to tag @DowntownSac in your experience for a chance to be featured on our social media channels too!
Header photo credit: Visit Sacramento & River City Queen