If you are looking to beat the heat this week and do something outside of your normal routine have yourself a little staycation in #DowntownSac! Get a nice cold drink from one of our many local businesses, stay shaded on the patio while enjoying some lunch or stay at a downtown hotel where you don’t have to feel guilty about running the air conditioning all night long! Make sure to check out our full list of open businesses while you enjoy your stay in the heart of the city.
Reminder: Make sure to wear a mask and maintain physical distance when exploring #DowntownSac!
Day 1 Itinerary:
- Sacramento is known as the Farm to Fork Capital and this even includes coffee. Start your morning off right with a cuppa from Temple Coffee & Tea. Their Farm to Cup coffee sourcing model incorporates three pillars of sustainability: social, economical, and environmental. From harvesting, milling, transportation, packing, exportation, importation, roasting, and brewing they are deliberate and meticulous every step of the way to ensure that every cup of coffee served is of the highest quality.
- Explore Old Sacramento Waterfront, a California State Park, site of mile marker one of the Transcontinental Railroad and the terminus of the Pony Express.
- Make some memories (and show off your cool factor) by visiting the 10 most Instagrammable spots in Downtown Sacramento. Post a picture in front of the Old Sacramento Waterfront Train Car.
- After all that walking and posing, you’re sure to be hungry. Stop by House Kitchen & Bar (555 Capitol Mall) for some classic comfort food in an upscale, yet casual, environment. There, they want everyone to feel as if they are a guest in their “house”. If crunchy double-dipped fried chicken or creamy 5 cheese mac n’ cheese doesn’t appeal to you, their chefs are more than happy to create something special just for you!
- If you’re looking for weekend brunching, enjoy the Steakhouse Scramble and Lemon Ricotta and Blueberry Pancakes on the patio at Echo & Rig. After you can explore the shops at DOCO. Please check website for open hours.
- Relax and check out the best treetop views of Sacramento from your hotel room at The Citizen Hotel. If you want some late night eats, the hotel is now offering grab and go menu items available 24 hours.
Day 2 Itinerary:
- What better way to start your day than a classic weekday morning brunch on the breezy patio at Ambrosia Café on K Street. Known fondly as “the best place to people watch” Ambrosia is a small, family-owned cafe featuring fresh baked pastries, seasonal soups, salads, and sandwiches.
- Or begin your day with a little art, some coffee and… waffles! Morgan’s Mill Sacramento is located across the street from Crest Theatre inside of a historic hotel on K Street. Their coffee, beer and wine bar features locally created murals, artist works and a ton of space to hang out. They’re serving up the best locally roasted coffee drinks along with craft brews, wines and waffles.
- Celebrate your mini vacay with a little pop of the bubbly at Fizz Champagne & Bubbles Bar in DOCO Taste your way around the champs and recommendations from their expert staff.
- It may be time to walk off some of this food and beverage… Check out these Wide Open Walls murals between J and I and 8th and 5th. It is the perfect walking experience to wrap up your day while taking in Sacramento’s art and culture.