The holidays are coming!
Safely check everyone off your list this year while shopping small not just on Saturday November, 28th but every Saturday after until December 26th!
#ShopSmall for Small Business Saturday to celebrate the ongoing effort to help local communities thrive! The event always falls on the Saturday after Black Friday and right before Cyber Monday with opportunities to get something for everyone on your list. This year, local businesses need your support more than ever so we are extending Small Business Saturday all month long!
Here’s everything you need to know to tackle Small Biz Sat on Nov. 28 – Dec. 26. Let’s get started!
1) To get started, shoppers are encouraged to stop by one of the Small Business Saturday “Welcome Stations” on Saturday, November 28 to pick up complimentary canvas Shop Small by American Express tote bags (while supplies last):
- Gallegos Square Holiday Market (1112 11th Street) – Shoppers can load their totes with prepackaged gifts and DIY kits at the on-day outdoor holiday market hosted by The Allspicery from 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- DOCO/Downtown Commons (405 K Street) – With the plaza and shops open from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Small Business Saturday, from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., guests can enjoy special DOCO takeaways in the West Plaza and can Spin the Wheel on the Terrace for gift card giveaways (all while supplies last) and enjoy a Pop-up Fly Market with local brand vendors and artists, DJ Oasis and carolers/live music from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Midtown Farmers Market (on 20th between J & L Streets) from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. – Shoppers can pick up their totes and visit with Matty the Giant Elf from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Sacramento Visitors Center at the Old Sacramento Waterfront (1002 Second Street) – Visitors can find shopping directories and helpful information about nearby holiday activities from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
2) Pick a business and then make your way on foot or utilize The City of Sacramento’s FREE metered parking to start checking people off your gift list!
Make the most out of your shopping experience with these small business specials in downtown:
- Beach Hut Deli (711 K Street) Customers receive free chip and soda coupon with regular menu item purchase and $3 first pint of any 20 tap handles.
- [email protected] (900 12th Street) 20% off online orders.
- California Loan & Jewelry (916 J Street) Shoppers receive 15 to 50% off purchases.
- Capital Agenda (405 K Street) Shoppers can buy one, get one 50% off on all t-shirts (November 28 only).
- Capital Books (1011 K Street) For every $50 in gift certificates, you’ll receive a free $10 gift certificate.
- Falafel Corner (1004 J Street) Customers can purchase any wrap, fries and drink for $10 or spend $15 and get three chicken wings free or spend $20 and get 18 chicken wings for $10 or buy one badmash burger and a drink and get fries free (limit one choice per customer).
- Fizz Champagne & Bubbles Bar (615 David J Stern Walk #105) Shoppers will receive a free $25 gift card when they spend $100 or get a free $10 gift card when they spend $50 (November 28 only).
- Getta Clue Store (405 K Street #120) Shoppers can enjoy a BOGO 50% off anything in the store, some exclusions apply (November 28 only).
- Identity Boutique (405 K Street #115) Shoppers receive free swag bags for the first 20 customers on November 28 only plus pop into the shop to take a selfie on the in-store swing that will be decked out for the holidays.
- Old Soul Co. (555 Capitol Mall) Shoppers can pay it forward with $2 donation to My Sister’s House with the purchase of every bag/jar of High Hopes Blend or $2 donation to the Sacramento Food Bank & Family Services with the purchase of every bag/jar of Do Good Drink Well Blend.
- Poke Ichii (414 K Street # 230) – 15% off of your entire purchase.
- Polanco Cantina (414 K Street, Suite 240) Shoppers receive 25 percent off $100 gift cards (purchase a $100 gift card for $75) or 20% off $25 gift cards (purchase a $25 gift card for $20) on November 28 only.
- Temple Coffee (1010 9th Street) Customers receive a FREE Temple Holiday Mug with the purchase of 2 12-oz. bags of coffee and find holiday specials from Festivity Blend Beans to Ginger Snap Lattes and Ginger Snap Steamers.
- The Allspicery (1125 11th Street) Shoppers can receive 1 oz mulling spice with orders over $50 (November 28 only).
- Vampire Penguin (907 K Street) 1$ off any snow.
Old Sacramento Waterfront
- Blu Nile Art & Tana Vivian Art & Design (1121 2nd Street) Shoppers can find different discounts and sales every week.
- Mea Vida (121 K Street) Shoppers can enjoy a 20% discount on clothing for Small Business Saturdays, plus a free scarf with purchases over $300!
- Stage Nine Family of Fine Stores (102 K Street) Shoppers receive 25% off storewide when they mention “Small Business Saturday” at checkout at any of the five retail shops (November 28), then the following three Saturdays (December 5, 12 & 19), customers will receive valuable scratch-offs with discounts from 10 to 27 % off (while supplies last) at all five retail shops. On December 26, shoppers receive 50% off during the “Annual After Christmas Sale.”
Get Around Downtown
Need a way to get around on Saturday? We got you covered!
Free Metered Parking- The City of Sacramento is offering free metered parking on Small Business Saturday (and on weekdays after 4:30 p.m. and all day on weekends through December 25, 2020).