It’s that time of the year again where we dress up in our flashiest outfits, pop some champagne and ring in the new year with all of our friends and family. This year not only do we get to ring in the new year but a new DECADE as well! There are so many possibilities for the decade ahead and so many things people want to accomplish and do, but before we get into new year’s resolutions and goals for next year we first have to plan how we are going to ring in 2020!
WHERE TO GO TO POP SOME BOTTLES
If you are looking to go out to experience your NYE with all your friends then check out one of these hot spots and party like it’s 2020!
- District 30: If you are looking to party into the new year with your closest friends head out to District 30 for a NYE bash like no other. From 9pm to 1am you can celebrate the new decade and dance the night away. Presale is going on now so make sure to get your tickets before the day of to make sure you are getting the best deal.
- Social Nightclub: Get tickets now for the party of the year! Social nightclub is ringing in the new year with noise blowers and confetti poppers with a midnight champagne toast to top it off and of course dancing! Make sure to purchase tickets soon, the price goes up every week leading up to the event.
- The Mix: The countdown is on to get your party on at The Mix! Hurry and get your tickets before they sell out to have the time of your life dancing into the new year.
- The Park Ultra Lounge: Get your tickets and VIP tables now for The Park Ultra Lounge’s NYE event! Party into the new year with all of our closest friends.
- Tiger: Prepare for your red-carpet debut during the second annual #HOFGALA happening at Tiger. Formal dress attire is required and $5 from every ticket sold will support local non-profit @occupyloveww.
- Revival: Who doesn’t want to attend a masquerade party on NYE!? Revival is throwing a masquerade part to ring in the new year. They are offering a limited open bar, champagne toast at midnight, small bites and music by DJ Tina T. Make sure to purchase tickets before they sell out!
- Torch Club: Dance into the new year at the Torch Club! Niki J Crawford will be preforming to help patrons ring in the new year.
- Ten Ten Room: Will be ringing in the new year with a Disco Party! Come listen to the vinyl disco set by Ben Johnson & Friends while sipping on some off your favorite cocktails. There will even be a complimentary champagne toast at midnight!
- Coin-Op: Dress to impress at Coin-Op! They are throwing a Black & Gold New Year’s party to help you ring in the new decade in style.
- Hyatt Regency Sacramento: Come out and celebrate the new roaring twenties! The Hyatt Regency is ringing in the new year 2020 style with a party that features the Take 2 Dance Band and DJ Rated R. Book your party or VIP party today!
- Old Sacramento Bar Crawl: Participating locations have structured a deal to ring in the New Year at all the 2nd street bars for just 1 price. Why pay a $10-$20 cover charge at each of Old Sacramento’s bars when you can pay one cover and get into all of the 2nd street bars for just $30.00. The party will include party favors (while they last), music, and a good time New Year’s Eve Celebration!
- Mayahuel: Come out for some live music by Diego Frias from 6pm-8pm followed by DJ’s DjFili Sainz and Djivan Guerrero from 10pm-1:30am. Make sure to dress to impress and arrive early so you don’t miss any of the festivities leading up to a champagne toast on midnight!
- Punch Bowl Social: Punch Bowl Social’s end-of-the-decade party to end all parties will be blasting off! Come ring in 2020 by partying like it’s 3199! With a live DJ, glow sticks and special cocktails, this event is sure to be out-of-this-world.
- Dive Bar: Swim on over and kick it with the mermaids for NYE! Enjoy the Hollywood celebration to celebrate the release of the upcoming film, Lorelei that was filmed at Dive Bar.
- Delta King: Join the Delta King for a Roaring 20’s New Year’s Eve Party! Dress up in your favorite 1920’s attire and cheers to the new year aboard the Delta King riverboat.
WHERE TO GO TO CHILL
Are you someone who wants to be more low key this year but still wants to go out and have a good time? Come out to one of these events happening downtown to ring in the new decade without all the fuss and just have a good time with friends!
- The Bank: Come and chill at The Bank this NYE! They are having a comfy, casual and laid-back celebration filled with drink specials all night long. It gets better because they are even offering NO COVER for the night!
- Crest Theatre: Celebrate the new year with some good music courtesy of the Jackie Greene Band. The Sacramento native is ready to bring his new music to his hometown to help people ring in the new year like it’s 2020!
- Trophy Club at Flatstick: Head over to the Trophy Club inside of Flatstick for unlimited champagne and charcuterie all night long! Make sure to purchase tickets beforehand to celebrate NYE with your closest friends in style.
- De Vere’s Irish Pub: Toast to the new year at De Vere’s! They are having a whiskey and champagne toast at 4pm (midnight in Ireland) and then another one at midnight!
WHERE TO GO TO GET A BITE TO EAT
If you are trying to be responsible and eat before you go out for your champagne toast right before midnight then you need to head over to one of these amazing restaurants who are giving patrons a special NYE menu so you can be wined and dined to your hearts content!
- The Firehouse: Book your reservations now for a fantastic dinner like no other at The Firehouse from 4:30pm to midnight! Enjoy a 4-course menu filled with delicious options to help you ring in the new year with great taste.
- Camden Spit & Larder: Start 2020 off on the right foot by dining at Camden Spit & Larder! Their new year’s dinner includes a prefixed 4-course meal served with bubbles.
- Hoppy’s Railyard Kitchen & Hopgarden: Make your dinner reservations for New Year’s Eve and be close to Tower Bridge when the fireworks start at 9pm!
- House Kitchen and Bar: Eat, drink and be merry this holiday season at House Kitchen and Bar! This NYE they are offering a special menu for $45 per person.
WHERE TO GO FOR ACTIVITIES DOWNTOWN
If you are wanting to be outside this New Year’s Eve and watch as fireworks light up the #DowntownSac sky then come out to one of these events to help you ring in 2020 with fun for everyone!
- Downtown Sacramento Ice Rink: Skate into the new year! The Downtown Sacramento Ice Rink is centrally located in the heart of downtown providing a playful escape into a winter wonderland for kids and adults alike. Come out and experience the treasured holiday destination from 10am – 9pm on New Year’s Eve.
- NYE Sky Spectacular: Sacramento’s best New Year’s Eve tradition lights up the skies above the Old Sacramento Waterfront with bright colors and flashes during the New Year’s Eve Sky Spectacular. This free celebration is open to all residents and features activities for the whole family to enjoy. Including children’s programming, live music, dinner specials, hot food and drink vendors, and a variety of colorful street entertainment.
-6pm-9pm: Special kid’s activities along Front Street
-6pm-10pm: Bands will entertain kids and families
-9pm: Fireworks show above the Sacramento River
We hope you have a fun, safe and happy new year from all of us at Downtown Sac!