The Old Sacramento District has been widely viewed as a tourist attraction in the past, but this year, the historic neighborhood has continued to appeal to locals more and more. In addition to everyone’s favorite Mom-and-Pop boutiques and signature restaurants, the events calendar continues to populate, giving Sactown dwellers all the more reason to make the trip on a regular basis.
This month, we are excited to announce the launch of Live at 5, a free music series hosted at four restaurants during happy hour. With Sacramento favorites like Xochitl, Michael Ray, and Simple Creation in the lineup, the series is looking to become the staple that puts Old Sacramento on the map as an essential live music and entertainment district.
Participating restaurants include Fat City Bar and Café, Rio City Café, Sactown Sports Bar and Restaurant, and Ten22. Each venue has a specific genre and vibe that they’ll carry throughout the series. Visit Fat City and Ten22 for acoustic sets, Rio City for Electric, Jazz, and other larger but mellow sounds, and Sactown Sports bar for a full band playing country, rock, or funk.
Musicians will play from 5-7pm every Thursday evening – pair that with happy hour specials like half-off beers and wings and you’re set up for a pretty sweet night!
Here is your 2017 Live at 5 Lineup:
- Xochitl @ Fat City Café
- Privileges @ Rio City Café
- Cities you wish you were From @ Sactown Sports Bar
- Andrew Castro @ Ten22
- Scott Ferreter @ Fat City Café
- Mic Smith @ Rio City Café
- Banjo Bones @ Sactown Sports Bar
- Justin Farren @ Ten22
- Ross Hammond @ Fat City Café
- Love and Honey @ Rio City Café
- The Bumptet @ Sactown Sports Bar
- Jessica Malone @ Ten22
- Michael Ray @ Fat City Café
- Simple Creation @ Rio City Café
- Ariel Jean Band @ Sactown Sports Bar
- Alex Jenkins Trio @ Ten22