She’s the one who is there for you no matter what, is your biggest cheerleader, and loves you unconditionally…she’s your mom! Mother’s Day is this Sunday, May 12th and we have some ideas for how you can treat your mom to the best day in #DowntownSac. Whether she wants to spend the morning eating brunch at one of many spots downtown, shopping, or just relaxing out at home with family we have got you covered on how to show the one you love how MOM-umental she really is!
But first, brunch!
What better way to show mom you love her than letting someone else cook for her for a change! Take her out to one of these downtown restaurants and let her sit back, relax and enjoy some delicious food and treat her to the Mom-Mosa bar at one of these downtown brunch spots:
- Punch Bowl Social
- The Firehouse Restaurant
- Camden Spit & Larder
- Pizza Rock
- Sheraton Grand Hotel
- Hyatt Regency Sacramento
- The Diplomat Steakhouse
- Rio City Cafe
- Pilothouse Restaurant on the Delta King
- Capitol Garage
Take her out downtown!
After you are done getting a bite to eat downtown stop by the Downtown Commons where your mom can receive special offers at these retailers:
- Pressed Juicery: Offering any 4 items for $20 which includes their juice, freeze, lattes & tonics. Additional taxes, restrictions, taxes, and fees may apply.
- The Look: Let your mom get pampered at The Look where they are giving moms 15% off their services
You can also wine and dine your mom at the Old Sacramento Waterfront’s chocolate week from May 13-19 with chocolate themed events happening all week long! Tickets make a great Mother’s Day gift, but make sure to buy tickets early to make sure your mom doesn’t miss out on any of the mouth-watering events.
Shower her with gifts!
It can be difficult picking out a gift for your mom, but thanks to some of our #DowntownSac retailers they make it easy to find sentimental gifts that she will love!
- Bloem Decor and G Rossi Florist: You can never go wrong with sending your mother a bouquet of flowers to show her how much you love her this Mother’s Day. Bloem Décor and G Rossi Florist have stunning flower arrangements that are perfect for the occasion.
- Blossom Bathhouse: Treat your mom to some handmade bath bombs! Located in DOCO, Blossom Bathhouse has everything you need to give your mom the ultimate at home spa day. They are even doing a promotion were you can get 5 bath bombs, shower steamers and fairy dust for $30 and 3 of their foaming sugar custards to use in the shower for $40.
- Shelf: Get your mom something made by a local maker! Shelf changes products month to month to showcase new modern designs and goods that are made by local designers and artists. She will love handmade goods from downtown that are different then your traditional macaroni art you made her as a child.
- Macy’s Backstage: Located in DOCO, Macy’s Backstage have mom’s favorite gifts at a great price. They have everything from jewelry, fragrances, pajama sets, robes, slippers and so much more. Some gifts even cost as low as $20!
You now have everything you need to show the special women in your life how you hit the mother lode having her as your mom!
Plan Ahead: The Amgen Tour of California begins May 12th. Before heading downtown this weekend plan ahead and view the route map for details about street closures and parking restrictions starting Saturday, May 11 through Monday, May 13th.