It’s easy to make the Downtown Sacramento Ice Rink part of your family’s #URBANHOLIDAY tradition! Follow these 5 steps and get the most out of your next trip to the rink.
1) Gear up: It’s important to come dressed ready to skate! We recommend that you come dressed in long sleeves and pants, warm socks, and bring cold weather accessories. Now is the time to bust out your tucked away gloves, beanies and scarves!
2) Park it: One of the most challenging aspects of navigating downtown is parking! But fear not, the DOCO East garage, located on the corner of 7th and J, with the entrance on 7th Street, is your best bet for parking, at only $5 for two hours.
3) Pay up: Once you arrive at the rink, use one of our many discounts provided by our generous sponsors. If you show your RT card, you will receive $2 off your admission. Western Health Advantage members receive $5 off their admission, and if you show up on a Saturday and mention Estrella TV or My58, you can receive $2 off your admission!
4) Skate it out: You’re in! Once you have your skates, grab a staff member to help you get laced up and ready to hit the ice! Been here before? You might remember skate sessions lasting two hours in previous years. Not anymore! This year, skate to your heart’s content. That means more time to get that perfect Insta-worthy shot.
5) Spread the word: Once you’re done skating, make your friends jealous (or want to come back with you!) by posting your awesome pics on Instagram. You can use the hashtag, “#URBANholiday” to share your experience. Who knows? Maybe your post will get shared on the Downtown Sac Instagram page!
With these tips, you’re bound to have an enjoyable #URBANHOLIDAY experience you’ll want to make a part of your annual holiday tradition.
See you on the ice!