Summer squash are among the most versatile veggies you can find at the Downtown Farmers’ Market. This week, for our farmers’ market fare we fried up some zucchini fritters and man-oh-man were they great! They’re quick, easy and delicious. So, read more and discover the trick behind this tasty treat.
Snag at your favorite downtown farmers’ market:
Zucchini (1 ½ lbs grated)
Eggs (1 large, beaten)
Olive oil (2 tbsp)
Grab at your local grocers:
Flour (1/4 cup)
Parmesan (1/4 cup, grated)
Salt (1 tsp)
Pepper (to taste)
1) Toss grated zucchini and salt in a colander over the sink; let sit for 10 minutes.
2) Using a clean dish towel or cheese cloth, drain zucchini completely.
3) In a large bowl, combine zucchini, flour, Parmesan, garlic and egg; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
4) Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
5) Scoop tablespoons of batter for each fritter, flattening with a spatula, and cook until the underside is nicely golden brown, about 2 minutes.
6) Flip and cook on the other side, about 1-2 minutes longer.
7) Serve immediately.
Thanks Damn Delicious for our fritter inspiration.