The wait is officially over! Farmers’ Market season is back and locally sourced fruits, veggies, baked goods and flowers are calling our name! As America’s Farm-to-Fork Capital, Downtown’s Certified Farmers’ Market offers fresh produce grown by local farmers that will be a delicious addition to your table.
Starting June 16, every Wednesday from 9 AM to 1:30 PM, you’ll find some of your favorite seasonal fruits and veggies at 6th Street & Capitol Mall. Some of the locally sourced produce that will be available at your fingertips include:
- Fruits – Get your weekly essentials like apples and grapes and seasonal favorites like watermelon.
- Vegetables – Find seasonal favorites from zucchini to leafy greens.
- Baked goods – Grab a tasty treat for a lunchtime snack!
- Flowers – Choose from a wide variety of stunning florals to arrange your own bouquet, or select a predesigned one that’s ready for the taking.
- Homemade preserves – From homemade jams to raw local honey, you can score some tasty jarred treats.
- Dried fruit – Enjoy fruit dried by the farmers themselves! Dried fruit makes for a delicious snack that’s easy to grab and go.
- Bulk nuts – Save money and create your own trail mix from the market’s wide selection.
You can find these farm-fresh favorites for midweek grocery shopping at the Capitol Mall market. The market will also provide al fresco lunch dining with hot lunch options from some of Sacramento’s most popular food vendors. Make sure you stop by every week so you don’t miss out on rotating food trucks from favorites like Yolanda’s Tamales, Nash & Proper, Rosa’s Portuguese Bakery, and What’s Poppin’ Kettle Corn.
At our first Farmers’ Market of the year on June 16, Sacramento County and Drip Hydration will be offering COVID-19 vaccinations from 9 AM to 1:30 PM. Walk ups are accepted, and no appointments are required. They will be offering the Moderna vaccine (first or second dose) to those 18 years and older. To sign up in advance, register HERE, or feel free to just walk up. Be sure to follow @DowntownSac for vaccination updates.
The perfect lunch hour stop
Are you finally back in the office? Spend your lunch hour at the Downtown Certified Farmers’ Market shopping for ingredients for dinner or just enjoy the opportunity to get out and stretch your legs.
Shop like a pro
Before you grab your tote and get shopping at the Capitol Mall market, here are a few of our tips to shop the Certified Downtown Farmers’ Market like a pro:
- These boots were made for walking – Bring some walking shoes so you can stroll the market with ease.
- Go early – the outdoor markets are open from 9 AM to 1:30 PM, get there early to guarantee your first pick!
- BYOB – Bring your own bags! Bonus points if it’s a #DowntownSac canvas tote.
- Get curious – Feel free to ask questions – the growers, sellers and vendors are happy to tell you all about their delicious produce.
- Money – Make sure you’ve got cash! Many farmers are cash-only, however the hot food vendors will also accept cards!
- Keep COVID in Check – Guests are encouraged to adhere to recommendations from public health officials and please stay home if you are sick.
If you’re not already downtown for work, don’t worry – getting here is a breeze! Here are all our #DowntownSac approved transportation options to provide peace of mind while shopping:
- On-Street Parking – Did you know the City of Sacramento has 4,000 parking meters in the downtown area? Well, now you do! You can download the Parkmobile app to pay and even add extra time to your meter so you don’t have to run all the way back to it with seconds to spare. The meters also accept credit cards if you don’t have any change.
- Parking Garages – Visit SacPark.org or look at the Downtown Directory for a full list of open parking garages.
- Biking – Beat the traffic and bike in to downtown! Be sure to bring a lock and you can store your bike on the K Street racks.
- Transit – Get downtown fast with Sacramento Regional Transit! Visit SacRT.com or call 916-321-2877 to plan out your commute with the online trip planner.
Chefs’ Priority Pickup
Special this year is the Chefs’ Priority Pickup. From 9 to 10 AM local chefs have direct access to farm fresh ingredients from local growers. This exciting new program will enhance the delicious Farm-to-Fork offerings at your favorite #DowntownSac restaurants!
Get all the details about the Downtown Certified Farmers’ Market HERE and don’t forget to share your Farmers’ Market finds by tagging @DowntownSac for a chance to be featured on our social media channels.