Press play to summer! Concerts in the Park is back and ready to rock your Friday nights for the next 12 weeks May through July. We have the play by play of how you can experience CIP like a VIP all summer long and a sneak peek of some of the exclusives we have this season.
Before you’re ready to have a night out with your friends and family at Concerts in the Park you might be thinking…how am I going to get there? Lucky for you we have all of the #DowntownSac approved transportation options to keep you out of your car longer so you can enjoy more experiences at the park!
- On-Street Parking: Did you know The City of Sacramento has 4,000 parking meters in the area? Well now you do! They even accept credit cards if you don’t have any change on you. You can also download the Parkmobile app to pay or even add extra time to your meter so you don’t have to run all the way back to it with just seconds to spare.
- Parking Garages: If you are looking for a garage that is affordable and within close proximity to Cesar Chavez Plaza look for the City Hall garage on 10th Street between J & I Street with a $5 flat rate between 5-9pm! You can also visit SacPark.org or look at the Downtown Directory for a full list of parking garages.
- Biking: Beat the traffic and ride your bike to CIP! The SABA Bike Valet is offering FREE bike valet at the 9th & J entrance to the park.
- Transit: Get downtown fast with Sacramento Regional Transit! Visit sacrt.com for call 916-321-2877 to plan out your CIP commute with the online trip planner.
Arrived at CIP
Follow our 3-step guide to help you have a successful CIP experience!
- Show your ID at entry for a Bud Light wristband (there are separate lines for drinkers and non-drinkers at the gate. If you are not drinking you don’t need to stand in line to show your ID)
- Purchase tokens at the cashier stand. Cash and credit cards are accepted. (Reminder: Cashiers close and last call is at 8:45pm)
- Redeem tokens at the bar (Reminder: Last pour is at 9pm)
Pro-tip: The bar will not accept cash or credit cards so you must purchase tokens before redeeming at the bar.
Now that you have your drink it’s time to eat! Throughout the CIP season we will have a variety of food vendors to excite your taste buds. Here are some you can expect to see throughout the season:
- Drewski’s Hot Rod Kitchen
- Drewski’s Twisted Taco Truck
- Azteca Street Tacos
- Post Oak Barbecue
- Sacramento Pop Up Truck
- Yolanda’s Tamales
- Midtown Sushi
- Annie’s Sno Biz
- Rich’s Ice Cream
- Rozty’s Mad Batter
- Conscious Creamery
- Cousins Maine Lobster
- Nash & Proper
- Bubble Cone
- It’s Nacho Truck
- Buck & Sadies
Now that you’re fed, it’s time to shop till you drop! We have retail vendors around the park to help you achieve your festival style goals.
- Wild Poppy & Co Boutique
- Identity Boutique
- Olive Swoon
Pro-tip: This year we have updated our cash processes so in addition to paying with card or cash you can also pay quicker with Apple Pay!
Art and music collide each week with different artists painting a mural live onsite. Make sure to watch these amazing creations in action.
Now you have all the info you need to experience CIP like a VIP all summer long. It’s time to sit back, relax and enjoy the music! Don’t forget to share your #CIPSAC experience and add our handles, hashtags and check in on Facebook for a chance to get featured on our social media platforms.
Header photo by: RJ Jenco