St. Patrick’s Day Hunt
Did someone say shenanigans!?
It’s the greenest time of year and you’re in luck! St. Patrick’s Day in #DowntownSac will look a little different this year but there’s still plenty to celebrate while experiencing a fun, physically distant holiday. Starting March 13, participate in two NEW St. Patrick’s Day Hunts presented by Xfinity! Through March 17, support local businesses with their lucky discount specials and play to win prizes!
Mark your calendars, on St. Patrick’s Day, March 17, dress in the spirit of the Irish and enjoy the tunes of local band, Amador Sons, playing from the balcony of the What Cheer House (102 K St.) at the Old Sacramento Waterfront from 4 p.m. – 7 p.m. All visitors should continue to adhere to local and state guidelines to Keep COVID In Check.
St. Patrick’s Day Hunt
From March 13 through St. Patrick’s Day, March 17, hunt for shamrocks across #DowntownSac and participate in virtual photo, trivia, and location challenges to earn points. On March 18, the top 3 hunters with the most points will each win an Xfinity prize package. Check out all the prize packages below!
Playing is easy!
1. Download the Eventzee App in your mobile app store
2. Create a profile
3. Code COMING SOON
*Note: By submitting photos and videos submitted through the app, you give Downtown Sac permission to share on our social channels.
Shamrock Hunt Winners Will Receive:
1st Place Prize:
- two admission tickets redeemable for the Waterfront Wheel or Front Street Carousel and everything in the 2nd place prize pack plus a Boltron Wireless Charging Pad
2nd Place Prize Pack:
- Everything in the 3rd place prize pack plus an OrigAudio Aurabox 2.0 Speaker
3rd Place Prize Pack:
- Octoforce 800mAH Power Bank
- YETI 30 Oz Tumbler
- White HydroBottl
- Himalayan Performance Cooler
Leprechaun Hunt at the Old Sacramento Waterfront
If you’re looking for a fun activity for kids this St. Patrick’s Day, come find our Leprechaun Hunt at the Old Sacramento Waterfront!
Pick up your activity pages at the Old Sacramento Visitor’s Center or download here to print your own to search for eight (8) Leprechauns hidden throughout the Old Sacramento Waterfront. Each Leprechaun will have a corresponding, secret word that families must fill in on the activity pages to move onto the next hidden Leprechaun. Don’t forget, you’ll need to fill in each clue to solve the secret code at the end. Once complete, email the secret word by March 17 to [email protected] for a chance to win!
Leprechaun Hunt Winners Will Receive:
1st Place Prize:
- One year pass to the Sacramento History Museum and two admission tickets redeemable for the Waterfront Wheel or Front Street Carousel
- Travel Bingo Flip to Win (Kid’s Game)
- National Parks Bingo Game (all ages)
- “Sacramento: Indomitable City” Book by Steven. M. Avella
While you are out and about looking for all the Shamrock Stops, make sure to redeem Lucky Specials being offered at participating businesses:
- Beach Hut Deli (711 K Street): Featuring exclusive Reuben with corned beef, Guinness on tap, and $4 black and tans.
- Blu Nile Art (1121 2nd Street): 17% off all Blu Nile Art purchases during the week of March 13-17.
- Sean Finnegan’s Pub (1030 2nd Street): Offering a free game at Old Sacramento Shooting Gallery.
- Taco Bell Cantina (900 K Street): $1 freezes (non-alcoholic only) with any purchase.
- The Citizen Hotel (926 J Street): Offering Grange gift certificates, and as a special incentive, everyone who purchases a certificate will receive an Oakville Grocery giveaway.
- The Hyatt Regency (1209 L Street): Customers can get a family-style meal for four people to pick up on St Patrick’s Day. Must be ordered by Monday, March 15th.
- The Hyatt Regency Starbucks (1123 12th Street): Order a special “Lucky Leprechaun Frappuccino,” which will be green and feature a mint chocolate chip flavor.
- Panda Express (405 K Street): Buy any 2-Entrée Plate, get an extra entrée FREE. Premium entrees and tax are extra. One coupon per person per purchase. Single-use Coupon Code. Not valid with any other coupons, discounts, or promotions. No cash value. Void if transferred, auctioned, sold, or duplicated in any way and void where prohibited. 2021 Panda Restaurant Group. In-Store POS Key: Free Xtra Entrée Item.
- Visions of Eden (126 J Street Suite 8): ½ price off Shamrock Sunglasses & Shamrock Infinity Scarves.
KEEP COVID IN CHECK
In adherence with state and local guidelines, plan your downtown visit with only members of your own household. All visitors should adhere to health and safety guidelines:
- Wear a mask in public.
- Maintain physical distancing at least 6′ apart from those not in your group.
- Stay home if sick or exhibiting fever, cough, respiratory symptoms, or shortness of breath.
Irish you a very happy St. Patrick’s Day! Make sure to check out our full list of open businesses here.