Step aside 2016, the new year is ready to make its grand entrance.
Why plan for the night when you can make a day of it!
Use our ULTIMATE NEW YEAR’S EVE GUIDE to bring joy to your companions and inspire FOMO in the friends who opted out.
1) Fuel Up: You have a full day of fun ahead so don’t skip the most important meal of the day. Mosey on down to the Firestone Public House for brunch between the hours of 9am-12pm. We won’t judge if you add some mimosas into the mix too.
2) Dress up: With a night that promises to be unforgettable, an outfit to match is a must! Snag a one-of-a-kind ensemble at YSJ Vintage that will catch eyes and maybe even score you a kiss at midnight (you know you were thinking it). They have something for both the ladies and gents.
3) Get Ready: Stock up on a few sweet treats that are sure to boost your energy during the long night ahead. Check out Andy’s Candy Apothecary and snag a few (or more) pocket-sized pick-me-ups.
4) Break time: Your outfits and snacks are queued, and now it is time to rest-up before the big night with a glass of sparkling wine and tapas at Downtown & Vine. A quick breather and some seriously drool- worthy appetizers will leave your stomach satisfied and your energy refueled for the night ahead.
5) Let’s go: We are almost there! Uber into Old Sac for the New Year’s Eve Sky Spectacular fireworks show at 9 p.m. There’s only one fireworks show this year, so don’t forget to take that infamous fireworks photo with all your friends at 9 pm!
6) Party Time: The night is still young and midnight is approaching. Catch a ride to the Park Lounge where glasses of champagne will be served and the NY Ball Drop will be projected on a large screen. Dance, socialize and give 2017 a huge smooch. Now you, my friend, have memories to replay for months to come. You’re welcome.
Tag us at @downtownsac so we can join in on all your glory!