Oh snap! What’s the 4-1-1 in Sacramento? Throwback to the 90s, presented by Submerge Magazine, is coming to the Downtown Sacramento Ice Rink tonight and it’s going to be all that and a bag of chips! Grab your baseball hat, throw on your overalls, rally your crew and come skate to 90s hits spun from 6 to 8 p.m.
Already feeling a little nostalgic? Are the 90s an archaic after-thought or simply confused on how to participate in the special event? Well, take a chill pill, because we’re about to break it down for you with five easy ways to get ready for 90s day at the ice rink:
- Dust off your (or mom or dad’s) Discman and bump your favorite 90s girl groups and boy bands – we’re thinking Backstreet Boys, TLC and the Spice Girls.
- Go to a thrift store and shop for a yellow plaid suit similar to Cher from Clueless (Ugh, as if!) or channel your inner grunge-punk and grab a flannel.
- Rock a platinum blonde wig reminiscent of *NSYNC band member, Lance Bass. Don’t know who that is? Guy Fieri is still rocking the look 20 years later.
- This one is for the Millennials: Remember Boy Meets World? Catch up with your favorite characters a decade later on “Girl Meets World” on Netflix.
- Get the scoop on everything via the World Wide Web – like reading this article! The internet was first available for public use in the 90s… now that’s da bomb!
Be sure to make your way downtown to the ice rink on November 9, located at 701 K Street – it’s going to be massive! Lace up your skates and get down on the rink as 90s music videos and soundtracks project behind you.
Getting here is easy, we recommend:
– Take Sacramento Regional Transit District light rail and get $2-off ice rink admission
– Visit SacPark.org to find and reserve a parking spot ahead of time
– Nearby garage parking includes City Hall Garage (10th & I) and Capitol Garage (10th & L)
Keep an eye out for our other TBT Nights on Dec. 14 and Jan. 11 and head to GoDowntownSac.com/icerink for a list of other special events.
Join the conversation and spread the word on social with #DowntownSac.
A big thank you to our media sponsor Submerge Magazine. You can read everything music, art and lifestyle oriented on their website. Thank you to the support of our sponsors DOCO Sacramento, Western Health Advantage, Sacramento Regional Transit District, and Sacramento Kings who contribute to the annual ice rink season.
Downtown Sacramento Ice Rink
St. Rose of Lima Park at 701 K Street
Sacramento, CA 95814