Shop one, shop all! Check off everyone on your list this year while shopping small this Saturday November, 24th!
#ShopSmall for Small Business Saturday to celebrate the ongoing effort to help local communities thrive! The event always falls on the Saturday after Black Friday and right before Cyber Monday with opportunities to get something for everyone on your list.
Here’s everything you need to know to tackle Small Biz Sat on Nov. 24. Let’s get started!
1) Head to a Welcome Station to snag your signature #ShopSmall tote bag (while supplies lasts) and shuttle maps
- 10 a. m. – 10 p. m. – DOCO, 500 J Street (Guest Services Desk next to “On the Green”)
- 10 a. m. – 2 p. m. – Oblivion Comics & Coffee, 1020 11th Street
- 9 a. m. – 2 p. m. – Midtown Farmers Market, 1050 20th Street
2) Pick a business and then make your way on foot or hop on the free shopping shuttle to start checking people off your gift list!
Make the most out of your shopping experience with these small business specials in downtown:
- Allspicery (1125 11th Street), our 2015 Calling All Dreamers winner is offering free 1 oz bag of mulling spices with purchase of $50 or more plus free swag bag to the first customers;
- American Legacy (1025 Front Street, #B) features authentic jewelry and crafts, is offering 15 percent off all silvery jewelry purchases;
- Brü Co Taproom + Bistro (902 K Street) is offering 15 percent off gift cards and merchandise along with food and drink specials;
- Hair to Dye For (715 Merchant Street), a salon in the heart of downtown, is offering 20 percent off services and products;
- Oblivion Comics & Coffee (1020 11th Street) is offering 15 percent off comics and $1 off specialty toasts with samples of specialty toasts and Chocolate Fish Coffee;
- Safe Space Bodywork (717 K Street) is helping guest treat chronic pain with a free pillow spray included massage bookings;
- Shelf (405 K Street, Ste 130) a finalist in our 2017 Calling All Dreamers competition, is offering a three-piece Christmas card set with a minimum $50 purchase;
- Temple Coffee Roasters (1010 9th Street, 2200 K Street, 2829 S Street) is offering 15 percent off 12 oz bags of coffee beans and retail merchandise (not valid online);
- Vintage YSJ Boutique (924 12th Street) a vintage fashion boutique, is offering 20 percent off merchandise!
Old Sacramento Waterfront
- Fat City Bar & Café (1001 Front Street) is offering a free kids’ meal with purchase of adult entrée;
- LiBush International (112 K Street) is offering a store wide sale of 20 percent off purchase of $10 or more;
- Rio City Café (1110 Front Street) is featuring a Grapefruit Cosmo for $7 and $2 off any draft beer from 10 a. to 4 p.m.;
- Sactown Sports Bar & Grille (106 J Street) is offering $10 off purchases of $40 or more.
- Stage Nine Family of Fine Stores (102 K Street) is offering scratch-offs with special discounts (while supplies last) at all five retail shops to celebrate a quarter century in business;
- The Firehouse Restaurant (1112 2nd Street), guests who purchase a minimum of $500 in gift cards will receive a promotional gift card worth 20 percent off their purchase (promo cards cannot be used for special events);
- Visions of Eden (126 J Street) is offering free totes and boot socks when guests mention Small Business Saturday (limit 50).
Get around downtown
Need a way to get around on Saturday? We got you covered!
Take the holiday shuttle– Shoppers participating in Small Business Saturday can take the free SacRT shuttle from 9:30 a. m. until 8:30 p. m. throughout downtown, midtown, the Alhambra corridor, along R Street and in Old Sacramento Waterfront
Free Metered Parking- The City of Sacramento is offering free metered parking on Small Business Saturday (and on weekends after 4:30 p. m. and all day on weekends November 23-December 25, 2018).