It’s the year of comebacks as the St. Patrick’s Day Parade & Festival returns to the Old Sacramento Waterfront on Saturday, March 12, 2022! After two years, this St. Patrick’s Day tradition is back and better than ever, blending old traditions with the new as we invite everyone to throw on some green and make their way to the waterfront for springtime shenanigans.
Make it a day
Our festivities kick off with pre-parade performances on 2nd Street to set the tone for this all-day celebration, featuring a special performance from McKeever School of Irish Dance beginning at noon.
In addition to the parade lineup, which steps off at 1 PM, the Vendor Village outdoor market on K Street will be open from noon to 5 PM, featuring local merchants and organizations. Come explore the local vendors lined along K Street, grab a bite to eat at the many restaurants in district and make your way to our al fresco seating on the north side of K Street.
Our Shamrockin’ Stage will feature live music and performances from 2 to 5 PM, including local organization Voice Academy and talented artist Jayson Angove.
If you can’t make it on the day of the parade – don’t worry, you’re in luck this St. Patrick’s Day! The festivities began on March 7 with the Leprechaun Hunt – folks will have ten days to explore Old Sacramento Waterfront to find 10 leprechauns hidden around the district.
Find all ten leprechauns to unlock a secret message using our Activity Book while learning about Sacramento’s rich history. Each clue represents a significant location within the historic waterfront district that has withstood the test of time. Luckily, the shenanigans don’t stop there. There are six bonus challenges you can complete at participating businesses to be entered to win an awesome gift basket from Old Sacramento Waterfront merchants! Ride free! Downtown Sacramento Partnership has partnered with SacRT to provide free rides to the St. Patrick’s Day Parade and Festival. To ride free, print or screenshot the flyer available at sacrt.com/freerideflyer.
The Activity Book will be available at the Visitor’s Center (1000 2nd Street) or you can download the Activity Book HERE. After you’ve completed the bonus challenges, email your answers to the bonus riddle to [email protected] by 5 PM on March 17, 2022, to be entered to win prizes. Happy hunting!
St. Patty’s Day deals and specials
Stop by your favorite Old Sacramento Waterfront restaurant or store to grab a treat as we celebrate St. Patrick’s Day and the nearing of Spring! Check in with your favorite businesses to see if they are offering lucky deals and specials to celebrate.
- City Cruises by Hornblower – Want to experience Sacramento’s scenic river views and continue the St. Patrick’s Day celebration into the night? Schedule a trip aboard a City Cruise to make the most out of your day at the Old Sacramento Waterfront. Learn more HERE.
- Evangeline’s Costume Mansion – And if you are in the mood for shopping make sure to check out festive accessories at Evangeline’s.
- Sean Finnegan’s Pub – You can’t forget Finnegan’s famous green beer!
- Honey & the Trapcat – Looking for somewhere to snag a festive cocktail? Check out Honey & the Trapcat to taste their seasonal menu.
- O’Mally’s Irish Pub – If you’re in the mood for Corned Beef and Cabbage, it’s at the top of the O’Mally’s list! Test your luck and try their famous Irish Tacos or explore the taste of their spring rolls that have a touch of Irish flare.
- Steamers Bakery & Cafe – Stop by Steamers to taste some delicious St. Patrick’s Day drinks. Explore their menu, of Shamrock shakes or Irish Mint Mochas. They will also be offering adult beverages, including the classic Irish Coffee, Sparkling Shamrock, and plenty more!
- Warehouse Creative – Find adorable green t-shirts for the kids over at Warehouse Creative!
Share your luck
Don’t let your Old Sacramento Waterfront experience end here, check out a full listing of #OldSacramentoWaterfront and #DowntownSac restaurants and shops HERE.
Be sure to share about your lucky Old Sacramento Waterfront and St. Patrick’s Day experiences by tagging @OldSac and @DowntownSac on Instagram for the chance to be featured on our social channels. Wishing you a shamrockin’ good St. Patrick’s Day!