All decked out in amazing holiday décor throughout the plaza, DOCO (Downtown Commons) is your holiday headquarters throughout the month of December!
Holiday Wishes & Photos with Santa
In addition to an exciting mix of retailers, restaurants, eateries and watering holes, Good Ol’ St. Nick is on-site at the DOCO Plaza seven-days-a-week listening to the holiday wishes of children and the young-at-heart. Plus, DOCO even makes it “snow” every hour on-the-hour on Fridays through Sundays from 4 to 8 p.m. near Santa’s specially designed set. Plus, “Photos with Santa” are available for purchase (with minimal waiting) in DOCO Plaza through December 24 as follows:
– Mondays through Thursdays from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
– Fridays and Saturdays from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m.
– Sundays from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m.
– Christmas Eve from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Additionally, a couple of very special Photos with Santa opportunities include the following:
– Saturday, December 8 from 6 to 8 p.m. – Santa Paws Pet Photos are available for purchase (pets must be on a leash or in a carrier);
– Sunday, December 9 from 9 to 11 a.m. – in partnership with Autism Speaks, Soothing Santa activities are available that are geared for children within all spectrum of special needs (distractions such as fountains, lights and music will be muted to create a welcoming and soothing setting for all ages).
Special Menorah Lighting & Celebration
The community is invited and encouraged to attend a special menorah lighting and celebration at DOCO on Sunday, December 9 at 4 p.m. In partnership with Chabad of Sacramento, the menorah lighting will be conducted by Rabbi Mendy Cohen to honor and celebrate the final night of Hanukkah. After the ceremonial lighting, children can participate in hands-on arts and crafts while enjoying festive music and complimentary kosher treats.
The menorah at DOCO is centrally located on the second level overlooking the plaza. For optimal viewing, the community is encouraged to gather in the public space below. The family-friendly activities will take place on the second level following the lighting ceremony.
All DOCO activities are subject to change (based on weather and other conditions); please check the website often for updates and/or more detailed information: www.docosacramento.com.
Photos courtesy of DOCO.