Summer is in full swing! School is out, Father’s Day is Sunday, and the 4th of July is right around the corner. So, if you haven’t already, it’s time to dust off your BBQ and release your inner Gourmet Grill Master.
To help, we’ve rounded up the best places for all your grilling needs – everything required to ignite the senses and spark a little neighborhood envy.
- It’s all about the meat: Rib-eye, wings, and ahi, oh my! Can’t decide? Don’t choose – get it all. Head to Sunh Fish Co. and V. Miller Meats and pick up the freshest of the fresh. Neither shop will disappoint in offering or service.
- Starts with the spices: What’s your flavor? No matter, AllSpicery, downtown Sacramento’s premier spice emporium will have all that, and more. And don’t worry, if you’re not in the mixing mood, try a pre-blended rub and discover a whole new world of flavor.
- Marinade, marinade, marinade: All great marinades start with a rich base. Fuse all your spices together with a gourmet olive oil or vinegar from Chef’s Olive Mix in Old Sacramento. You’re guaranteed to delight all who are lucky enough to taste your culinary creation.
- Add some green (and red and yellow): Don’t stop now. You’re well on your way to creating a seasonal masterpiece. Round it out with some fresh veggies from a Downtown Farmers’ Market and you’ll hit a BBQ bullseye, dead center.
- You’re only as good as your tools: Expand your grilling horizons and snag a few foodie tools that will impress even the most distinguished grilling aficionado. You’re already in Old Sacramento, make one final stop by Chef’s Mercantile and stock up on the season’s coolest BBQ instruments.
Now that you’ve got everything you need there’s just one final thing to do… send us an invite to your next BBQ!