After a long day of work, the last thing you want to do is slave over a complicated dinner. In less than 20 minutes you can make a one-pot spaghetti with the freshest of fresh ingredients from a Downtown Farmers’ Market and viola – dinner is done!
– Tomatoes (2 medium, roughly chopped)
– Basil (one handful, plus more for garnish)
– Olive oil (3 tablespoons)
– Spaghetti (12 ounces, broken in half)
– Garlic (4 cloves, thinly sliced)
Check your cupboard for or grab at your local grocers:
– Parmesan (1/2 cup, grated plus more for garnish)
– Red pepper flakes (large pinch)
– Kosher salt (1 teaspoon)
– Tomato paste (1 tablespoon)
- Put spaghetti, oil, tomato paste, garlic, tomatoes, basil, red pepper flakes, and 1 teaspoon salt in a large saucepan
- Fill saucepan with 5 cups of water and bring to a boil
- Once boiling, cook for 6 to 8 minutes stirring frequently
- Stir in Parmesan and let sauce thicken a bit
- Garnish plated spaghetti with basil and parmesan
Pair this delicious dish with some focaccia garlic bread that you can snag at the Downtown Farmers’ Markets and dig in!
Thanks to Food Network for the inspiration behind this quick AND easy dinner!
Click here for details about the Downtown Certified Farmers’ Markets.