We can’t believe that 2022 is upon us already! As we look forward to new adventures, excitement, and memories to make in the New Year, close out 2021 in style in #DowntownSac!
Skate into the New Year
Spend New Year’s Eve at the Downtown Sacramento Ice Rink. The Downtown Sacramento Ice Rink is centrally located in the heart of downtown at Ali Youssefi Square (7th & K Streets) providing a playful escape into a winter wonderland for kids and adults alike. Come out and experience the treasured holiday destination from 10 AM – 9 PM on New Year’s Eve.
Enjoy the lights and sights at the Old Sacramento Waterfront
We support the City of Sacramento’s decision to pause its large-scale celebration in an effort to keep the community safe. However, the Old Sacramento Waterfront is a destination in itself – a dynamic outdoor district that is walkable, allows space for social distancing, and offers plenty to see and do, complete with a Ferris wheel, carousel rides, various river cruises, museums, an escape room, and so much more.
Unique this year on New Year’s Eve, check-out the sparkly and new 6-foot “2022” temporary/pop-up monument located on the Embarcadero (in front of the Delta King) at 1000 Front Street. This not-to-be-missed 2022 monument will be in place for a very limited time, and is a perfect selfie spot to ring in the New Year with pics on social media.
We also encourage folks to support the approximately 135 amazing and resilient local businesses, retailers and restaurants at the Old Sacramento Waterfront on New Year’s Eve and all year long. For more information and a list of businesses and experiences available at the Old Sacramento Waterfront, please visit OldSacramento.com.
Party like royalty at one of #DowntownSac’s amazing farm-to-fork restaurants
It’s no secret that #DowntownSac is home to some of the best restaurants around. Several of downtown’s finest have exciting New Year’s Eve plans you won’t want to miss. Be sure to check our Downtown Directory for a list of all open downtown restaurants.
- Delta King – Celebrate New Year’s Eve at the Pilothouse aboard the Delta King!
- Ella Dining Room & Bar – Ring in the New Year at Ella with a special four-course dinner menu that includes amuse bouche and champagne upon arrival.
- Polanco Cantina – Enjoy a New Year’s Eve party at Polanco with live mixing from DJ Eddie Z. Purchase tickets in advance here.
- Punch Bowl Social – Join them on New Year’s Eve for a live DJ and midnight champagne to toast!
- Revival at The Sawyer – Is there anything a Bloody Mary can’t fix? Cure your hangover with New Year’s Day Brunch at Revival from 10 AM to 2 PM.
But wait, there’s more!
You don’t want to miss these amazing events happening all across #DowntownSac on New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day. For even more events, check out our events calendar here.
- Roald Dahl’s Charlie and the Chocolate Factory at the SAFE Credit Union Performing Arts Center – Roald Dahl’s amazing tale is now Sacramento’s golden ticket! This show is a must see, playing at the SAFE Credit Union Performing Arts Center on New Year’s Eve.
- New Year’s Eve at Laughs Unlimited – Toast to the New Year at this Old Sacramento Waterfront comedy spot with champagne and headliner Steph Sanders.
- New Year’s Eve at The Bank – Make this year count by celebrating the end of the year with glitz and glam! Pick out that outfit that makes your feel your best, grab your friends and prepare for a night to remember with DJ’s, party favors, complimentary champagne, and more!
- Black & White New Year’s Eve Ball at Revival at The Sawyer – Come dressed to impress and ring in the New Year under the stars. Tickets include limited open bar, Mumm Napa champagne toast at midnight, food from Executive Chef Patrick Prager and music and entertainment.
- Thrive: a New Year’s Day Yoga and Dance Party at Darling Aviary – Start off the new year at Darling Aviary with an intention setting ceremony, gentle flow yoga and meditation, followed by a dance party!
Be sure to tag @DowntownSac in your experience for a chance to be featured on our social media channels. We wish you a happy, healthy, and safe New Year from your friends at Downtown Sac!