Mother’s Day is Sunday, May 9 and we have some suggestions for how you can best celebrate the mothers in your life. Whether she would enjoy a boozy brunch or a card that says, “sorry I haven’t given you grandkids yet,” #DowntownSac has everything you need to make her day special.
Begin with an amazing brunch
Treat mom to a delightful brunch this Mother’s Day! Rather than trying to cook a feast yourself, take her out for some al fresco or indoor dining at one of downtown’s great brunch spots:
- Camden Spit & Larder: Treating mom to this two-course meal with entrees like smashed avocado crumpets and lemon ricotta pancakes will guarantee your spot as “favorite child.”
- The Firehouse Restaurant: Smoked salmon canapé, grilled filet mignon, and lemon curd cheesecake make this three-course meal brunch stand out.
- Hao Bao Dumplings: Get 10% off mom’s favorite dumplings when you stop by on Mother’s Day.
- Hyatt Regency: Mom will love this a la carte brunch with options like strawberry margarita donuts and house-made crab cakes. Serving both indoors and outside, stop by from 9 a.m. to 2p.m. Make this Mother’s Day experience a staycation by booking a room to extend the celebrations.
- Pilothouse Restaurant on The Delta King: Offering brioche french toast, traditional Eggs Benedict, and plenty of champagne, this menu is sure to make mom’s day. Make this Mother’s Day experience a staycation by booking a room to extend the celebrations.
Be sure to decide on a restaurant ahead of time so you can make a reservation if necessary and find out which places have unlimited Mom-Mosas!
Spend some quality time together downtown
After you are done with brunch, keep the #DowntownSac fun going.
- Take mom wine tasting: Bailarin Cellars, Fizz Champagne & Bubbles Bar, and Whired Wine are all excellent places to treat mom to some fun vino.
- Stroll through a museum: the California State Railroad Museum or Sacramento History Museum are great places to spend the afternoon exploring.
Get her a gift she’ll love
For all she’s given you, she deserves some spoiling herself! Shop at some of #DowntownSac’s great retailers to find the perfect gift for all the mothers in your life. And if you find yourself not spending the day with mom, show her you care by sending some #DowntownSac fun to her!
- Allspicery: From allspice to za’atar, they have everything your foodie mom will love!
- Bloem Décor and Rossi & Co. Florist: Order her a stunning arrangement that shows how much you love her. Specialty arrangements are selling quickly so make sure to place your orders quickly
- Blu Nile: Handcrafted items cutting boards, jelery and more can be found for mom at this shop at the Old Sacramento Waterfront.
- Bohemian Aesthetic Atelier: Bath salts, soy candles, jewelry, and even permanent makeup options for lashes and brows to offer mom the ultimate self-care essentials.
- Blossom Bathhouse: Home to handmade bath bombs and soap, you’re sure to find a gift that mom will enjoy here.
- Capital Books: If your mom is a reader, get her a book that she won’t be able to put down.
- Casa de Mercado: Stop by for Mexican apparel, décor, kitchen items, and tiles she’ll love.
- The Chef’s Olive Mix: This Old Sacramento Waterfront store is home to artesian olive oils that will elevate her cooking.
- Estelle Bakery & Patisserie: From their famous croxinuts to macrons, get mom something that will fill her sugar fix at Estelle’s.
- Garden of Enchantment: Home to jewelry, incense, candles, cards, and more, you’re sure to find a gift for mom here.
- Good Bottle Shop: Get her a great spirit she’ll love or a subscription to their Cocktail Club or Wine Club.
- Lash Lounge: Pamper mom at this DOCO studio with the best eyelash extensions in Sacramento!
- Mea Vita: Did your mom give you great genes? Get her a pair of great jeans. This cozy boutique sells homemade jewelry and women’s casual apparel.
- SafeSpace Body Works: Schedule mom a deep tissue massage for some pampering and relaxation.
- Visions of Eden: Help her relax by gifting her a bath bomb or artesian soap.
- Warehouse Creative: A one-stop-shop with décor, cards, pillows, jewelry, pins, embroidery, doormats, ceramics, and more, you’ll find a great gift for mom here.
You now have everything you need to show the important women in your life how MOM-umental they are! However you end up celebrating, always remember to Support Local. Don’t forget to tag @DowntownSac in your experience for a chance to be featured on our social media channels too!
Header photo credit: Bloem Decor