As we all slowly start to return to work in #DowntownSac we know you are eager to get back into your morning and lunchtime routines. Whether you’re looking for a midday pick-me-up or a lunch spot to get out and stretch your legs, we have got you covered. Check out some of our fav #DowntownSac spots that are open. Don’t forget to snap a pic and tag us @downtownsac + @oldsac and you might be featured on our Instagram!
Shopping local is more important now than ever before! Downtown Dollars provides an opportunity to spend and support our local businesses. There is something for everyone in #DowntownSac and the Downtown Dollars e-gift card gives you access to all #DowntownSac has to offer: dining, shopping, entertainment, professional services, and much more. Purchase your Downtown Dollars HERE.
Let your gift recipient experience the city in their own way. Downtown Dollars is the perfect gift for friends, family members, or to welcome back your employees. It’s a quick, easy, and simple way to #SupportLocal with your favorite #DowntownSac shops and restaurants conveniently on one card.
Dine-In Lunch Spots
- Swing by downtown’s newest lunch spot, Beach Hut Deli, for a tasty sammie amid surfboards and wooden booths. Don’t miss the nachos!
- Head to a downtown staple for Mexican, Cilantro’s Restaurant on J Street. Feast on tacos to burritos, mariscos and even burgers!
- Enjoy lunch al fresco on Capitol Garage’s patio. The diverse menu is sure to please everyone in your lunch crew.
- Get ready to be wined and dined to your heart’s content at Camden Spit & Larder. The London-inspired restaurant pays homage to Chef Ridgeway’s British roots while channeling the farm-fresh cuisine that America’s Farm-To-Fork Capital enjoys.
- If Mediterranean food is calling your name then look no further than Crest Cafe! They offer mouthwatering halal food always made from farm-to-fork fresh ingredients!
Grab and Go Lunch
- With an amazing Greek selection, stop by Petra Greek and try a delicious Beef & Lamb Gyro Pita. You won’t regret it.
- From sandwiches to salads, bold coffee and decadent treats, Estelle Bakery & Patisserie are happy to welcome you back to DOCO for lunch. Enjoy takeout or relax on their patio.
- Feeling spicy? Pick up some Nashville-style fried chicken strips or sandwiches from Nash & Proper.
- With various locations around downtown, there is sure to be a Subway open right by your office. Grab a tasty sandwich, salad or even breakfast!
- If you need coffee that fills your soul in the morning before starting the workday then you have to stop by Old Soul Co. They are your one-stop shop of all things coffee, food and ambiance.
- If you have lived in Sacramento for a while then you already know about Temple Coffee Roasters. They have some of the best coffee and tea in town and always welcome you in with open arms. Make sure to get one of their delicious pastries to go with your next beverage!
- Maybe today you are looking to try something different. Roots Coffee Co. is the destination of all things caffeine if you are looking for that first cup of coffee to help the blood start pumping in the morning.
- The long-awaited Morgan’s Mill is finally open for business! They serve everything from coffee, beer, wine and waffles to start your mornings off right.
- If you’re looking for a healthier option, try cold-pressed fruit and vegetable juices, nutrient shots and soft serve from Pressed Juicery in DOCO.
Pick-up the Sweetest Treats
- Looking for the perfect summertime treat? Devil May Care has a unique selection of ice cream and mouth-watering sundaes that are sure to cool you down.
- If you need just a few pieces or a whole bag, Munchies Salt Water Taffy at the Old Sacramento Waterfront has so many flavors and options for you to choose from.
- Whether you are working downtown or from home, Insomnia Cookies has got you covered with freshly baked, warm, delicious cookies. That’s right! If you are still working at home, they deliver!
- If you haven’t had the chance to visit Odd Cookie Bakery Cafe yet, we highly recommend it. With a unique twist on cookies, cupcakes and coffee, this new spot is a go-to to satisfy your cravings. They also have lunch!
Happy Hour After Work
- Yes way Rose! Now that the weather is warming up, Bailarín Cellars is the perfect spot to grab a glass or cold Rose or Chardonnay. They have even added a few new wines to their collection and we are dying to try them. Wine not your thing? They also serve coffee from Insight Coffee Roasters and many small bites to pair with your coffee and wine.
- Pop! Fizz! Clink! Fizz Champagne & Bubbles Bar is back open and serving up all the bubbly. With tasty cheese boards, Duck Fat Fries (that are to die for), and champagne, this Happy Hour is sure to leave you feeling Fizztastic.
With these tasty deals, you are sure to get the most of your Happy Hour and enjoy a great patio too. The Firehouse Restaurant serves up Oysters and has great deals on well drinks, beer and wine during their Happy Hour from 4-6 PM on weekdays.
- Looking for a stiff drink? The Ten Ten Room is a great bar featuring mid-century classic cocktails and some tasty original concoctions.
- Whired Wine has an amazing collection of wines and is the perfect place for some vino. DYK they also serve Lumpia?? It’s homemade and you have to try it. Grab your pals or coworkers and unWINEd.
With so many food, sweets, coffee and other places to choose from, don’t stop with these picks. Make your way through the list of #DowntownSac lunch spots here.
Welcome back! #DowntownSac has missed you.