Change up your lunch break routine in #DowntownSac by exploring some cool places or discovering a new habit! Be sure to bring your coworker(s) along to check out these 10 things you can do on your lunch break.
- Grab a scooter and go mural hunting through #DowntownSac. Who knows, you might even discover some hidden art along the way. If you find some cool art, make sure to snap a photo and tag us @DowntownSac.
- Take a spin at All City Riders by challenging yourself to take one of their intense cycling classes. These classes can be tailored to your goals no matter your fitness background or history. “These are wheel workouts for real people. Come ride with us.”
- Enjoy the outdoors by strolling through State Capitol Park with a coworker and take in the scenery of #DowntownSac. Don’t forget to stop and smell the roses at the World Peace Rose Garden.
- If you’re a music fan, walk over to the Old Sacramento Waterfront and check out Brook’s Novelty Antiques & Records for some unique finds! From vintage records to rad pinball machines, you’ll for sure be taking home a piece of history with you. They are open daily from 12 to 6 p.m.
- Take a break and step into another dimension at Oblivion Coffee & Comics. Grab a comic, while sipping on a hand-crafted beverage, and read aboutsome of your favorite Marvel characters or check out some cool collector items with other fans alike. Don’t forget to take a bite
of their crazy toast!
- Sit and stay a while at one of our patios for the perfect lunch atmosphere. Read about some cool places to visit in our blog.
- Take a step back into your childhood and play some old school arcade games like Pac Man and Donkey Kong at Coin Op. Grab a slice of their Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle themed pizza from their menu.
- Start a new reading habit by picking up a novel from Capital Books. Who knows, maybe you might find a new genre to read. They also offer a Hot Books list where you can view books that should be on an avid reader’s radar.
- Shop at the Farmer’s Market for some fresh produce or get ahead on your grocery shopping. The market will be open on Wednesdays at Cesar Chavez Plaza (10th and J streets) from May 6 to October 28 and Thursdays at Capitol Mall (6th and Capitol) from May 7 to September 24.
- Challenge your coworker(s) to a short game of miniature golf or duffle board at Flatstick Pub. The loser will have to buy the winner a delicious beer from their bar.
Let us know which of these lunch break spots was your favorite by tagging us at @DowntownSac or @OldSac!